Vision & Values
Following the example of St John Bosco the purpose of our school is to respond to the needs of each individual child;
Touching the heart and developing the whole personality by fostering qualities of mind, body and spirit, feeling and imagination in a supportive Catholic community.
We aim to help students to:
- Develop lively, enquiring and creative minds, and the skills and abilities necessary to reach the highest personal and academic achievements.
- Develop personal spiritual lives, an awareness of God, and a deepening understanding and appreciation of their religious faith.
- Develop self esteem and to understand and live moral lives based on the Gospel values of love, peace, justice and personal responsibility.
- Understand and respond to the needs of others; to respect other races, religions and ways of life.
- Respond to the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life and the world of work, and appreciate human aspirations, achievements and interdependence.
- Celebrate and enjoy experiences of achievement, success, friendship, happiness and shared endeavour.
We strive to achieve these aims for all our students.
We see this task as a shared endeavour, as a partnership between school, home and parish, working together to prepare our young people to enter the wider community, and to be a positive influence where they live and work.
Children need an orderly, settled and caring environment if they are to achieve their maximum potential; we insist on high standards of politeness, behaviour and appearance.
We believe these values represent the best of British values and they are a thread which runs through all our work at Thornleigh Salesian College.