School Meal Information
Students entitled to Free School Meals, will receive a daily credit of £2.37 which is automatically entered on the system at lunchtime each day.
This entitlement is confirmed by Bolton Council.
For further information, to see if you qualify for Free School Meals or to apply, please see the Bolton Council Website https://www.bolton.gov.uk/free-school-meals-clothing-allowance/free-school-meals-help-school-uniform
In October 2021 new labelling legislation comes into force (Natasha’s Law). The legislation states that all food service organisations serving food that is packaged on site for immediate consumption will have to display ingredient and allergen information.
At Aspens Catering Services we are working hard behind the scenes ahead of this change to ensure:
- Our catering teams are fully trained on Natasha’s Law and the update in legislation
- We can still confidently provide fresh food that is made and packaged daily on site
- We have tight kitchen practices and controls in place to safely label goods
- We have strong links with our supply chain to allow our team of nutritionist to centrally manage ingredient and allergen substitutes from head office. Relieving pressure from our onsite catering managers and teams
- We have invested in our labelling software to ensure our labels and packaged goods look professional and adhere to legislative requirements
All of the above is great news for our customers, as it means that we will still be producing the incredible, fresh food you are used to in a safe environment with clear ingredient and allergen information. On top of this we also have a full special diet and allergen procedure in place for any customer who has an allergen or intolerance. Speak to your catering manager today who can provide you a copy of our special dietary needs form and create a bespoke menu to meet your individual requirements.
For more information about Aspens Catering Services click on th link below: