Psychology is both an applied and academic field that seeks to understand and explain human behaviour, thought and emotion. What makes us remember or forget? Can we treat mental illness? What causes aggression? Why do we conform? Why are we attracted to certain people? Psychology combines science and practice. Psychologists are interested in researching how people act, react and interact as individuals and in groups.
Some of the topics include:
- Social Influence - including conformity and obedience research
- Memory – including types of memory, explanations of forgetting and the unreliability of eyewitness testimony
- Attachment – including human and animal research
- Psychopathology – including research into OCD, depression and phobias
- Key approaches in Psychology
- Research Methods and Data
- Romantic Relationships
- Key Issues and Debates in Psychology
There are three assessed papers. All papers are 2 hours long and will be sat at the end of the two years.