A Level Photography
- Introduction to the course. Learning about presentation of work, the work of artists/photographers and how to analysis and create interpretations of their work.
- Students will also refine their technical skills, particularly anyone who did not study Photography, Graphics or Art at GCSE Level. Students will also stretch their knowledge of techniques with a variety of workshops introducing them to new process and media.
- Students will work on mini-projects during this term, which will allow them to learn and display new techniques. The projects will cover various topics and have a different focus for each so the students explore a wide range of things during the early stages of the course.
- Students will now be moving onto creating their own work inspired by an aspect they have studied in the introduction to the course. They will respond to a project brief, take Photographs, draw, and use a range of materials and techniques to investigate their chosen theme and artist/photographer. Students will continue to refine their ideas and the presentation of their work, developing and refining their ideas into final pieces.
- 1st February will see them begin their exam
Students develop their own interpretations of exam question, working through the process of refining idea and developing their own interpretations from research
Students work independently to create their final responses
- Technical skills (Individual skills relating to question/ project and research inspiration selected) development
- Artistic skills