Key Stage 3 Overview
Students build on the skills developed throughout primary school to prepare them for the GCSE syllabus. Within lessons, students are challenged and prompted to deepen their understanding of a wide range of mathematical skills, ensuring that they are confident mathematicians.
- Number – Fractions, Decimals and Percentages, Estimation, Number operations, Factors and Multiples.
- Shape – Properties of shape, Sorting and classifying, Angle facts and Area/Perimeter problems.
- Algebra – Expanding brackets, Substitution, Sequences and Equations.
- Data – Working with averages, Interpreting and representing data, Sets and probability.
- Ratio and Proportion – Compound units, Converting units.
- Number – Operations on fractions, Use of a calculator, Percentages.
- Shape –Area, Volume, converting units.
- Algebra – Sequences, Straight line graphs, Solving equations, Rearranging formulae.
- Data – Listing outcomes, Analysing and comparing distributions, Finding averages from charts
- Ratio and Proportion – Sharing in given ratios, Direct and inverse proportion