Key Stage 3 Overview
- Number – Fractions, Decimals and Percentages, Estimation, Number operations, Factors and Multiples, directed numbers.
- Shape –Angle facts, constructions and Area/Perimeter problems.
- Algebra- Substitution, collecting like terms, Sequences and solving equations.
- Data – Working with averages, Interpreting and representing data, Sets and probability.
- Number – Operations on fractions, Use of a calculator, Percentages, standard form.
- Shape –Area, converting units, angle facts. Transformations.
- Algebra – Expanding brackets, Sequences, Inequalities, Straight line graphs, Solving equations, Indices.
- Data – Listing outcomes, Representing, analysing and comparing distributions, Finding averages from charts. Measures of location.
- Probability- Sample space, Venn diagrams
- Ratio and Proportion – Sharing in given ratios, Direct and inverse proportion, proportional problems involving ratios.
- Number – Standard form, Indices, Factors, Multiples, Primes. Product rule for counting.
- Shape – Pythagoras, Trigonometry, Isometric drawings,, Transformations, Loci and Constructions, Bearings.
- Algebra – Inequalities, Simultaneous equations, Straight line graphs, formulae.
- Data – Scatter Diagrams, Cumulative frequency, Box plots, Tree diagrams
- Ratio and Proportion – Incorporating problems involving fractions, decimals and percentages with ratio