Key Stage 4 Overview
Year 10 marks the beginning of the two year GCSE Mathematics course which is taught through the Edexcel specification. Throughout the course, students are challenged and supported to deepen their understanding of a wide range of Mathematical skills. Mathematics is diverse, engaging and essential in equipping students with the right skills to reach their future destination, whatever that may be. Students are encouraged to build a secure framework of Mathematical reasoning, which they can use and apply with confidence.
- Number – Surds, Bounds
- Shape – Transformations, Similarity, Circle theorems
- Algebra – Quadratic skills, Quadratic graphs, Shading regions, Equations of straight lines.
- Data – Averages and sampling, Collecting, organising and representing data, Probability with Venn diagrams, Histograms.
- Ratio and Proportion – Direct and inverse proportion (algebraic), Scale factors and scale diagrams, Capture-recapture method
- Number – Kinematics, Recurring decimals
- Shape – Further trigonometry, Coordinate geometry, Vectors
- Algebra – Functions, Quadratic sequences, Transformations of graphs
- Data – Interpreting grouped discrete and continuous data
- Ratio and Proportion – Population growth and decay.