Key Stage 2 - Key Stage 3 Transition
We work closely with our partner primary schools, especially our seven Roman Catholic partners, to deliver a Key Stage 2 - Key Stage 3 transition programme that sets out to ensure that Year 7 students build on their knowledge and skills from primary school, are “secondary ready” and continue to make personal and academic progress.
Our seven Roman Catholic partner primary schools are:
- Holy Infant & St Anthony R C Primary School
- St Brendan's R C Primary School
- St Columba’s R C Primary School
- St John the Evangelist RC Primary School
- St Joseph’s R C Primary School
- SS Osmund & Andrew’s R C Primary School
- St Thomas of Canterbury R C Primary School
Our Key Stage 2 – Key Stage 3 transition programme sets out to achieve the following:
- Ensure that the current Year 7 curriculum builds on knowledge and skills obtained by students during Key Stage 2.
- Ensure that Year 7 teachers really know what is taught in Year 6.
- Ensure shared and/or cross moderation of students work and schemes of learning exists between stakeholders in both phases.
- Continue to ensure that the students who join our community are effectively supported to make a safe and confident personal transition between Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3.
Follow our Twitter account @TSC2to3 for updates.
Key Links for Key Stage 2 - Key Stage 3 Transition
Applica - Admin portal can be accessed here
School Gateway - Lunch accounts/school events and trips can be accessed here
School Cloud - Parent evenings appointments can be accessed here
Class Charts - Checking student homework and achievement/behaviour points here
Uniformd - Online second hand uniform shop can be accessed here
Term Dates - here
Bolton Secondary School Admissions website - here
Transport for Greater Manchester TfGM - here
IGO pass applications - here