KS2 - KS3 Transition
We work closely with our partner primary schools, especially our seven Roman Catholic partners, to deliver a KS2-KS3 transition programme that sets out to ensure that Year 7 students build on their knowledge and skills from primary school, are “secondary ready” and continue to make personal and academic progress.
Our seven Roman Catholic partner primary schools are:
- Holy Infant & St Anthony R C Primary School
- St Brendan's R C Primary School
- St Columba’s R C Primary School
- St John the Evangelist RC Primary School
- St Joseph’s R C Primary School
- SS Osmund & Andrew’s R C Primary School
- St Thomas of Canterbury R C Primary School
Our KS2 – KS3 transition programme sets out to achieve the following:
- Ensure that the current Year 7 curriculum builds on knowledge and skills obtained by students during KS2.
- Ensure that Year 7 teachers really know what is taught in Year 6.
- Ensure shared and/or cross moderation of students work and schemes of learning exists between stakeholders in both phases.
- Continue to ensure that the students who join our community are effectively supported to make a safe and confident personal transition between KS2 and KS3.
Year 6 Induction Timeline
Monday 1st March – National Offer Day
We will be in contact with families shortly with further information about our Induction Programme.
For now, follow our Twitter account @TSC2to3 for updates.