Key Stage 3 Overview
During Years 7 and 8 students will gain the opportunity to explore a range of techniques and practises. All of which are designed to prepare students for one of our GCSE Subjects. Fine Art, Graphic Communication or Photography. Students will learn how to present work in sketchbooks and explore both 2D and 3D forms.
- Formal elements, experiments with line, colour, texture, shape, pattern and tone through a variety of media and techniques.
- Hundertwasser/ Cardboard relief architecture
- In the garden, Observational Drawing, collage, photography and clay
- Art history – multicultural art, Maori Art – Pattern, printing and Maori Masks
- Texture – four elements, Markmaking with paint, 3D sculpture
- Portraits – Traditional, Observational drawing
- Portraits – Shepard Fairey, stencilling and digital editing
- Street Art, Various techniques sampled, spray paint, collage, weaving and drawing