Welcome to Thornleigh Salesian College
As a Voluntary Aided school, the Governors of Thornleigh Salesian College have responsibility for decisions regarding admission of students to our school.
The co-ordination of all admission arrangements for both Year 6 to Year 7 and in-year admissions is undertaken by the Local Authority.
Please see the Admissions Policies below.
Admission to the Sixth Form is done directly with the school.
In accordance with the DfE’s ‘Statutory Admissions Code’ guidance, admission authorities must consult on admission arrangements at least once every seven years, even if no changes are proposed.
The period of consultation took place from 01 December 2021 and closed on 31 January 2022.
To make an application to our school please go to: https://www.bolton.gov.uk/admissions/apply-online-school-place
Our school is heavily oversubscribed. Places for September 2023 were allocated as follows:
• Roman Catholic children who are looked after children or previously looked after children
• Roman Catholic children who live in a nominated parish, and attend an associated Roman Catholic primary school
• Roman Catholic children who live in a nominated parish
• Roman Catholic children who attend an associated primary school but do not live in a nominated parish
• Roman Catholic children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission
• Other Roman Catholic children
• Other children who are looked after children or previously looked after children
• Children of permanent members of staff who have either been in post for two years when the application for admission to the school is made and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
• Other children in an associated Roman Catholic Primary School
• Other children with a sibling in the school at the time of admission
• Other children
Please visit our website for information about our annual Open Evening which is held in September.