UCASProgress is the method by which we would like students to apply to the Sixth Form.
If you visit ucasprogress.com and put our postcode (BL16PQ) into the search box you will be able to see all of the courses that we offer. UCASProgress will make applying to us really easy and we can also communicate back to you through it. All Year 11 students who go to school in Bolton should now have login details for UCASProgress.
The instructions below will help you use the site once you have received your login details.
Who can apply
We are pleased to offer a broad range of subjects from GCSE, BTEC and A Level so hope we have the courses that best suit you. We welcome applications from all school leavers regardless of the school that you went to or your denomination.
To study A Levels we ask you to have achieved at least 5 GCSEs A*-C.
Applying to Thornleigh Sixth Form through UCASProgress
If you go to school in Bolton you should have received training on how to apply to all Post-16 providers using UCASProgress.
If you do not have login details for UCASProgress we are very happy to provide you with a paper application form to complete and return to us. Paper applications can be obtained from Thornleigh Sixth Form reception.
UCASProgress: Looking around the Search site
- Visit www.ucasprogress.com
- Fill out the Search box and look at courses that providers deliver.
- In Town, city or postcode put BL1 6PQ.
- Select the distance you want to travel.
- In courses select Year 11+
- You must put in either a course or courses or a provider name.
- Flick between the course tab and the provider tab.
Saving courses and applying
- You must log on to UCASProgress.com
- The first time you do this it will ask you to change your password.
- Select the Profile tab along the top bar.
- This will open up all of the sections of the Profile tab that need to be completed (Personal statement doesn’t). Some of this is pre-populated.
- Only when these sections are completed is it possible to make applications.
- Students should go through the Search procedure and when they find the course they want add it to Favourites.
- When courses have been added to Favourites students can select the Applications tab.
- Students should click “Start a new application” and select the provider they wish to apply to. If they are in blue-you can apply, if in grey you cannot apply through UCASProgress.
- After selecting the Provider, students should then select the courses at that Provider.
- The draft application will then be sat in the NOT SENT column.
- Click VIEW.
- You can now submit the application. Once you submit the application it will say “In progress” until the Provider replies.
If you do not have login details for UCASProgress please complete and return our paper application which can be downloaded in a PDF and Word Doc format: